Tuesday, November 28, 2017

End of the Semester Scaries

Image via Pixabay
As the year ends, we take a look back at our semester. What could we have done better? What went the way we wanted it to? How could we have done better throughout the year? These are questions almost every college student asks themselves at the end of the year when things like their grades are at stake.
I believe I have progressed greatly throughout this class. As the class went on, I gained more confidence to talk and was always trying to help other people out. Specifically, I used to be too scared to raise my hand and talk and now I find myself just blurting out the answer (if it’s okay to in the moment) and also raising my hand for participation credit more. In regards to the blogs, I actually think my blogs got better too. I started talking about more relevant content and connected my own experience to the class which I thought was good. I think that this and this were my best two blog posts and my best responses were on Jared’s blog post and on Alex’s blog post.

There are always people in your classes that you admire. Two students that influenced me in class were Anika and Shannon. Anika and I were in the same group for Project 2 and she was always asking what she could do to help and always was ready to talk in class. Because of this, it made me more confident to talk in class as well (which as mentioned was a fear I had). Shannon also sort of did the same thing, although I was not in a project group with her. She always knew what she was talking about and although I did not comment on any of her blog posts, she commented on mine a couple of times and her responses were always really relatable and made really good points. Her blog is also really good and has a relatable feel which I like. I think I would nominate Shannon for best blog because I enjoyed reading every one of her posts and they were informative without being boring.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    First of, I want to say thank you! I really appreciate that you like my responses, I really try hard to make sure I can give insight or be relatable in my comments. I am extremely thankful for you nominating me for best blog as I tried (and seem to have succeeded!) to make my post not boring.
    Second of, from what I've seen you have 100% come out of your shell and I do constantly see you raising your hand or just saying the answers! I hope it stays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Great job on your blog post. I love the background of your blog and how aesthetically pleasing your blog website looks! I also like how you used our final blog post to do a reflection on the class- it was a great way to wrap things up! Hope you had a good semester!

    ReplyDelete